- Additional information
- Width: 50cm
- Thickness: 23my
- Weight: 1,8 Kg
In a low-volume operation, pallet stretch wrap applied manually is a great solution. Hand stretch film is much lighter and easier to wield than machine stretch wrap. It’s still very effective for securing items on a pallet, especially in the hands of someone aware of the proper hand stretch wrap technique.
Use Hand Stretch Wrap When:
Pallets are too unstable to transport to a stretch wrapper
Operational set-up does not support wrapping in specific locations
Variability in package integrity is acceptable to the customer
Limited warehouse space
Low pallet volume
Hand Stretch Wrap Maneuver
Hand stretch wrap can provide excellent package stability with the correct technique. Follow these steps for the best results:
- Tie stretch wrap to the pallet (preferably in a corner) to secure.
- Create a foundation by walking around the pallet three or more times overlapping the wrap over both the pallet and the load. Make sure the stretch wrap covers the pallet corners.
- Work your way up the load making sure to overlap each previous layer by 50%. Pull the stretch wrap taut as you go – it’s meant to be stretched!
- At the top of the load, angle the stretch wrap in a way that it pulls the load down towards its center and base. This will minimize the chance of the load shifting in transit.
- Now, work your way back down the load overlapping each previous layer by 50%.
- Re-wrap the foundation at least two more times once you get to that point.
- The stretch wrap will stick to itself. To secure it, cut it from the roll and press it firmly against a previous layer.